Delicate machine embroidery and tiny beads have been used to decorate these cards
Don’t forget Mothering Sunday is 31st March . . .
So why not make a lovely personalised card to give your Mum and show her how creative you can be!
Lutradur is ideal for card making as it can be painted, stitched, dyed and also printed.
Our cards have been decorated with heart shapes cut out of Lutradur 70 and Lutradur 100. Pink acrylic paint was used to colour the Lutradur 70, while all the words and messages have been printed on to Lutradur 100 (which is slightly thicker) using an ink jet printer.
Here’s how to make the card pictured below –
- Use your computer to write your sentiment and your (ink jet) printer, to produce your message on to a piece of A4 Lutradur 100. (Remember to use the bold setting for maximum impact and clearer results)
- Cover the front of a blank DL card, leaving a narrow border.
- Hand cut a vase shape from Lutradur and colour using acrylic paint.
- Attach strands of narrow ribbon to form stems in the bottom right hand corner.
- Curl thin lengths of contrasting coloured ribbon to form flowers and use strong adhesive to position them at the top of the stems.
- Use sticky foam pads or craft dots to attach the vase and position to cover the ends of the ribbon stems.
- Write your message inside and deliver to your Mum on Mothering Sunday with a heartfelt hug!
A bouquet of flowers for the special lady in your life.