Let’s go fishing . . .
These little fish have been made from Zeelon Heavy and then hung on invisible thread inside a deep frame. The water and fins have been made from scraps of Zeelon Light which has been transfer painted in various shades of blue and green.
We made ours to life size proportions (2 inches or 5 cms from nose to tail), so from a distance they look quite realistic!
To make –
- Find a picture of a fish from a book or the internet, copy and print the image on to paper and colour with transfer paints.
- Iron the image on to a piece of Zeelon Heavy and cut out carefully. Do this again to create a a front and a back piece. (The transfer paint will pass through the Zeelon to colour the reverse side, but the colour will not be as vivid)
- Either machine stitch or glue the two sides together. We only machine stitched the fish at the base of the tail and in front of the eye. (It is not necessary to sew all the sides, as Zeelon Heavy will keep its shape and won’t fray).
- Sew on sequins to represent the eyes.
- Make a small incision near the front of the fish and thread a thin piece of Zeelon light through to the other side – enough to make a fin on both sides.
- Push a small amount of stuffing into the body and your fish is complete!
You can make just one or two fish or enough for an entire aquarium!
All 3 weights of Zeelon are available from our online shop