We’ve all heard of a knight in shining armour, but our little model is wearing a tunic made from Evolon!
Using one of his t-shirts as a guide, we cut a front and back panel out of a metre piece of Evolon and machine stitched them together at the shoulders.
A hooded top helps give the impression of armour.
We made a pattern for the cross and then cut out the shape from the remaining Evolon before painting it red with acrylic paint.
The cross was machine stitched to the front of the tunic (although we could have attached it by using a self adhesive medium, such as Bondaweb).
Tie fastenings ensure the costume will fit for many years to come.
We left the sides open, but attached two sets of tapes under the armholes and at the waist to tie at the back for adjusting the fit.
A few accessories from the local toy shop helped to complete our hero’s outfit!
Now where’s that Dragon! . . .